The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

almost stock 350z vs stock m3

Old 08-29-2004, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock vs. stock m3 all day

stock m3 vs. me hmmm i want to find out but i think it is me.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:22 PM

Well, you know where to find me...
Old 08-29-2004, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by Flash
Well, you know where to find me...
were you at CC last night. i saw two different ones. one of the ones i saw was slow but the other one i didn't see race.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by 04evo2
were you at CC last night. i saw two different ones. one of the ones i saw was slow but the other one i didn't see race.
I was there. I ran early against Bama in the silver SS, and much later on against a very highly tuned Cobra. Bama won in the first 100 feet.

[excuse] I recently put on my new SO-3's, and I'm still trying to get the hang of SMG launching again with fresh tires. When I had the old tires on there I couldn't punch the pedal hard off the line or I'd just sit there and smoke. The new ones hook so well I have to learn to add more throttle, otherwise the car just goes, "Huh? Oh, you want me to go? Should've said something..."
That plus I was still deaf and disoriented after Zac flew by me earlier in the evening.[/excuse]

That Cobra I ran pulled away from me like it was being towed by a Team Strange top fuel car.... :o I mean it just kept going. I like watching how other cars compare to mine in a run because I can spot where I need to improve the power curve, or work on my technique. This car had no flat spots in the curve, it just kept accelerating.
I almost got out of my car because I thought it had stalled.

The weird part was DJ ran a different Cobra - same year - and I played chase car behind it. I was glued to his bumper the whole time and he couldn't pull on me, even though I left the line a second later than them.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:26 PM

huh, those cobras are insane. yeah i know very little about m3's but i know they are fast. i figure we would be pretty close or you would maybe pull a bit. i still have oem tires with no tread so my launches are definitely at idle. also my transition into second seems to spin an awful lot. i have alot of new mods coming soon, like a month or so but im still trying figure out exactly what im going to do. are you stock? i guess we could run for fun now but in the future i would be pretty confident.(meaning i think you will win now)
Old 08-29-2004, 03:54 PM

Originally posted by 04evo2
huh, those cobras are insane. yeah i know very little about m3's but i know they are fast. i figure we would be pretty close or you would maybe pull a bit. i still have oem tires with no tread so my launches are definitely at idle. also my transition into second seems to spin an awful lot. i have alot of new mods coming soon, like a month or so but im still trying figure out exactly what im going to do. are you stock? i guess we could run for fun now but in the future i would be pretty confident.(meaning i think you will win now)
This Cobra wasn't just insane - it was freaking psychopathic. Uh, in a good way, though.

My car is one hundred percent factory stock - at present. By next weekend I should have a different muffler on there, but thats it. I'm installing a Remus muffler, which'll probably drop 20 pounds and sound a whole lot better, but thats it. Theres not much in the way of HP to be had on the M3 with just a muffler.
I don't plan on doing much more to it. Maybe software and an intake, if anyone ever proves there is power to be gained there. Otherwise, its going to be a full EvoSport SC package. Thats a year in the future, if ever.

What are you planning, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-29-2004, 04:20 PM

well like i said in another post everyone knows what i have done already which isn't much. but i think im gonna try and keep my future mods confidential. but also like every new mod i get i know it will only be a matter of days until i show everyone, i just can't keep it a secret. i think it would be kinda cool to have an all motor sleeper z. so we will see what happens.a good hint wis that you can't visually see any of the mods even with the hood popped. also i don't want to tell anything yet because i keep changing my mind everyday. i will have all of the money in less than a month so we will see what my heart is set on then. for now all i have is:

AEM cold air intake
Greddy evoII cat-back exhaust
Kinetix racing high-flow cats
Kibetix racing upper intake manifold (plenum)

just a few extra horses but im planning on getting the power of the above mods combined in each of my next two mods. No NOS, S/C, or turbo, all motor sleeper. lol. who knows though maybe in a couple weeks a may just decide to drop all of the money on some volks or racing harts.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Caribbean Queen

i thought newer m3's ran a flat 13.0 and most drivers in a stock 350 will run a 14.3 but anything is possible

formally known as d33flat
1991 nissan 300zx - Sold
1989 240sx sil80. not stock anymore yay!(dead in the driveway)
2005 Dodge SRT4 (new DD!)
Old 08-29-2004, 07:09 PM

im not sure what they run but i hope thats not true.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Caribbean Queen

all i know is that when the first new 350z's came out they were just as fast as a 300zxTT

formally known as d33flat
1991 nissan 300zx - Sold
1989 240sx sil80. not stock anymore yay!(dead in the driveway)
2005 Dodge SRT4 (new DD!)