The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

8sec supra on street tires

Old 04-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Addicted to SPEED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4drwhore
I don't think an Enduro motorcycle is considered a dirtbike. It is intended for some STREET use.

Just because something is street legal doesnt make it a true street item.

Show me anywhere were it says the word street in the word drag radial.

Drag radials are intended for drag racing, not street driving even though they are street legal. A street tire is a radial tire that is intended for street driving only, not drag racing.
Well HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
"It is intended for some STREET use." so according to you an Enduro is intended for some STREET use....but a drag radial is not????
dont blame me your the one that contradicted yourself...

Show me where it says the word STREET in any tire you can buy, Goodyear, BFG, Toyo, Perelli, Michelin, Futura, Hankook, Kumho, Bridgestone, FireStone....do i need to continue??? i dont ever recall seeing the word STREET listed on the tire, or in the name of the tire???? how do you explain that one? If they put STREET on the tire or in the name of the tire does that mean that i then could not use that tire for DRAG racing?

If thats the case at the next TRack Event i dont want to see ANYONE on a STREET TIRE DRAG RACING their vehicle. DRAG RADIALS OR SLICKS ONLY...hell atleast then maybe the track would hook longer.

Yes Drag Radials are intended for SOME drag racing use....how many people on THIS board alone run drag radials on their daily driven vehicle, but yet they dont go to the track more than say 2 times a month??? that sounds more like a street tire intended for the occasional use as a drag tire, it allows the end user(read: person racing) the ability to drive to the track race and drvie home on the same set of tires without having to change them....thus drag radials are a STREET TIRE intended for occasional drag racing use.

so they went through the trouble of getting them DOT approved for............................??? STREET USE maybe ???
EXACTLY! why do you think Mickey Thompson did not bother to get the ET Drag DOT approved, because it is a DRAG tire NOT intended for STREET use.

2005 Kawi ZX10R... totalled (click for pics)
Old 04-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Old Guy in a Vette

DOT (Department of Transportation) approved means it has been tested in accordance with the DOT standards and is acceptable for use on a passenger vehicle on public roads... what's so hard to understand about that
Old 04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Omnipotence

Originally Posted by Z06_Killa
thus drag radials are a STREET TIRE intended for occasional drag racing use.
Actually a drag radial tire is intended for DRAG RACING(hence being called a drag radial tire) with the occasional STREET use.

That's funny what you said about the drag radial and street radial names. If a drag radial tire was just a street tire why wouldn't it be in all the regular "street tire" sections on all websites and in the tire stores and not seperated into its own drag racing/performance section? hmmm

I also like how you guys skipped the part where I was talking about street cars and drag cars. So a car that is street legal but has to be trailered everywhere to race anything thats not two blocks away is a street car? Just cause it's street legal still doesn't make it a street item, IMO. You dont like my opinion, tough shit it's mine not yours. Don't take the internet so seriously.

Last edited by Ian MMF; 04-07-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Addicted to SPEED

I also like how you guys skipped the part where I was talking about street cars and drag cars. So a car that is street legal but has to be trailered everywhere to race anything thats not two blocks away is a street car? Just cause it's street legal still doesn't make it a street item, IMO. You dont like my opinion, tough shit it's mine not yours. Don't take the internet so seriously.

IF this is intended at me and my car being trailered...guess what, when you make something calle HORSEPOWER and the other thing.........what is it again....oh yea TORQUE.... SHIT BREAKS! i dont drive my car to the track for that reason, that and i dont like driving 45 minutes on slicks.

and your right its your opinion and you know what they say about opinions...

Truth of the matter is, a BFG DR or a Nitto DR or even a MT DR are all street tires. They were designed for the street cars that drive to the track, run and then drive home and to work.

This is about as pointless as argueing over the definition of "Pump Gas"

<<< thats where this is headed.

2005 Kawi ZX10R... totalled (click for pics)
Old 04-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Omnipotence

No the thread wasn't pointed towards you at all, bit I figured you would take it that way. It was pointed towards people who have 8second cars on trailers then try to tell people it's a street car.

My point is, if it's a TRUE street tire... why do they call it a DRAG radial? And when you go to races they say "radial tire class" not "street tire class"? All drag radials are pretty much slicks with groves put in them and a little bit stiffer sidewalls. To me they are still a drag tire and not a street tire.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:00 PM
How Fast???

Street tires!!! HUMMMM I think not

-RYAN-
AIM- rs20r03
TO EMAIL ME CLICK HERE
Old 04-09-2005, 09:37 AM
**International Baller**

Drag Radials are DOT approved tires. Therefore they are street tires. End of argument
Old 04-09-2005, 10:17 AM
diballacully slow

if a police officer pulls you over and CANNOT give you an improper equipment ticket, then you have street tires. end of story.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:19 AM
diballacully slow

No the thread wasn't pointed towards you at all, bit I figured you would take it that way. It was pointed towards people who have 8second cars on trailers then try to tell people it's a street car.

My point is, if it's a TRUE street tire... why do they call it a DRAG radial? And when you go to races they say "radial tire class" not "street tire class"? All drag radials are pretty much slicks with groves put in them and a little bit stiffer sidewalls. To me they are still a drag tire and not a street tire.

using this idiot's logic, a MUD terrain tire for a truck is not a street tire.

there are bias ply street tires and radial street tires.

ALL slicks are bias ply tires, hence not legal in a RADIAL tire class.

fucktard.

Quick Reply: 8sec supra on street tires