The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

8sec supra on street tires

Old 04-09-2005, 10:31 AM
diballacully slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ps i only have one set of rear tires that i use on my mustang. they are mickey thompson et street radials.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Beans&Disease
Drag Radials are DOT approved tires. Therefore they are street tires. End of argument
Thank you. IT is really simple to Understand if you just try using that lump
3 feet above your a$$
Old 04-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Mechanical Engineer

Originally Posted by imdeadsexy
using this idiot's logic, a MUD terrain tire for a truck is not a street tire.

there are bias ply street tires and radial street tires.

ALL slicks are bias ply tires, hence not legal in a RADIAL tire class.

fucktard.

took the words right outta my mouth

Mechanical Engineer - Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD, Marine Corps. Counter IED Development

USF Formula and Baja racing Alumni/Consultant
Old 04-11-2005, 09:24 AM
**International Baller**

where is 4drwhore with his infinite wisdom now???? FUCKER!
Old 04-11-2005, 06:46 PM
Team Titan

Originally Posted by Twisted
Woon's car is quicksilver and a 6spd. That is Dana Westover's car on drag radials. He ran that 8 second pass almost a year ago when he was on his old turbo setup.

To whoever mentioned Titan's car for a real DR supra.......well if you want to go into racecars then go look at MSP's supra which weighs more then Titan's paper weight and has gone 7.90 on drag radials while Titan is stuck in the 8s.
MSP's race car went 7.90 on drag radials with a 88mm turbo on it at Englishtown, I should know I was there watching it run. It also is far from a full weight Supra at best, have you actually taken a look at that car lately ? It's gutted just as bad as the Titan car and the AAP car, down to a carbon fiber dash shell. That being said low 8s on a 88H GK is not that bad of an accomplishment either, I'm sure if Nero wanted to invest the time in the Supra again like he does the Celicas it would be a 7 second car no questions asked.

Did you video tape that 216.8 run last week, I think that will let you know what a largeframe turbo on a Titan 2J will do. If not I'm sure we'll see in Vegas.

That being said anyone who daily drives Drag Radials on a high HP car has some big balls, I've been caught in the rain in friends cars more than a few times and we might as well have been on slicks. The tires are design to get you to and from the races, not necessarily to be driven every day (although this may be possible on a 150hp honda, not the case with a RWD 450+HP Toyota).

Last edited by VelocityGSR; 04-11-2005 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: 8sec supra on street tires