The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

Stock turbo evo...

Old 04-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Wasn't me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not the stock '03 turbo. It's got the '05 10.5 hotside, T/I housing, and it's clipped. The juice was definately not hooked up on that run. He is, on the other hand, tuning to within and inch of it's life using an AEM, and it's been lightened significantly.

If you go to evolutionm.net there is a whole lot written about this run. Very impressive to say the least.

And, yes, he's the only one in the 10's on the stockish turbo, but there are plenty stock turbo evos in the mid to low 11's. Curt just happens to be one hell of a good driver!

Originally Posted by chet
most people feel curt brown is running a shot of nitrous on top of his setup...

not to take anything away from the guy...but there are not any other stock turbo'd cars running even close to that level.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Omnipotence

Normal GSR, light and aem tuned stock bottom end.

Curt brown has also made the fastest pass in a galant vr4 at 10.03 with no nitrous and the closest to that was a 10.4 with nitrous. Does that mean he was running nitrous then also chet? Everyone knows curt brown can pretty much out drive anyone in a dsm. Guys just got the gift.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm a Photographer!

i'm liking evo's more and even more when i kep seeing vids like this and the one in the other threads with 600awhp steering me more away from the wrx now....
Old 04-28-2005, 06:52 PM
hoes down pimps up

Originally Posted by civickid04
i'm liking evo's more and even more when i kep seeing vids like this and the one in the other threads with 600awhp steering me more away from the wrx now....
Only thing to remember is evo>wrx

If you would have gone to the dsm vs subby shootout, youd see why.

MASSACRE
Old 04-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Resident Dingo

Originally Posted by theebluecrx
Nice

ill 2nd that
Old 04-29-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm a Photographer!

just one questions about the evo;s, i've heard that once you really start getting a lot of pressure onto it (the engine) the slutch and tranny and stuff start to wig out?
Old 04-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Old School

Anything setup makes power with right tuning.In orlando Jesus (all motor rotary champ) went faster with a 2 rotor than his old 3 rotor.Shit ive seen sohc neon's in the 10's with less horsepower than me.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by civickid04
just one questions about the evo;s, i've heard that once you really start getting a lot of pressure onto it (the engine) the slutch and tranny and stuff start to wig out?
As with any AWD car, you need to know how to drive it. Most people getting into EVOs/WRXs/STIs have never driven an AWD car before. Theyre used to having a car that when you rev/launch too high, you just spin the tires. AWD cars dont do that. When you drop the clutch there isnt enough power at each wheel to overpower its grip and so the drivetrain absorbs all of the shock of the drop. Repeated abuse like this makes trannies go bye-bye. Then you also get the idiots who rev to like 6-7k and drop the clutch trying to do an AWD burnout, and boom. No more transmission. Think about it this way. If you have a 240awhp car, your only putting 60hp to each wheel (assuming a 50/50 torque split), whereas in a 2wd car you'd be putting 120hp to each wheel.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:10 AM

the evo stock clutch is a POS...BTW curt brown or some one drove for the owner of that galant to get the 10.03 run, apparently a good driver i hear.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:46 PM
All Aboard

Originally Posted by 4drwhore
Normal GSR, light and aem tuned stock bottom end.

Curt brown has also made the fastest pass in a galant vr4 at 10.03 with no nitrous and the closest to that was a 10.4 with nitrous. Does that mean he was running nitrous then also chet? Everyone knows curt brown can pretty much out drive anyone in a dsm. Guys just got the gift.
yes, curt brown was probably running a small shot of nitrous w/ the galant as well. if you look at what he's done (and i'm not taking anything away from him) with previous setups its pretty clear he has some type of advantage. the 60ft's he pulls are not that much better (if at all better) than a few other guys who are within a few 10th's of him. in addition, his mph is significantly better than most other guys running the same turbo setup. while a stock mitsu evo8 16g is a badass turbo, it does have its limitations without nitrous.

Quick Reply: Stock turbo evo...