The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

1100 HP SUpra at the track

Old 05-16-2005, 12:50 PM
Omnipotence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Idealsupra
i have to diagree with the last statement...from what ive seen MOST high hp supras run the turbo 400....

markos car is definitley sick...
I'm sorry but I would have to diSagree with you. I don't know what diagree means though. If you look at all the people who class race they almost all run powerglides because it is a better transmission for all out racing. Yes most of the STREET supra's that aren't into class racing run a t400 transmission just because it's more of a street transmission being a 3speed and all vs the power glide. And with most of the high HP supra's being glass racers and cars and all they almost all run the PG trans vs. a t400.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:37 PM
cinnamon flavored

Originally Posted by 4drwhore
I'm sorry but I would have to diSagree with you. I don't know what diagree means though. If you look at all the people who class race they almost all run powerglides because it is a better transmission for all out racing. Yes most of the STREET supra's that aren't into class racing run a t400 transmission just because it's more of a street transmission being a 3speed and all vs the power glide. And with most of the high HP supra's being glass racers and cars and all they almost all run the PG trans vs. a t400.

Just wondering but what cars in particular do you think/know are running a glide?

Titan and AAP both run a glide. MSP runs a TH350. When BG had their car they ran a TH400. Then you have others who run a few events such as Dana from Virtual Works, or the new Boost Logic car which both run TH400's. The SP car has a TH400, not sure what Fast Forward has in theirs. Then there are a few cars that have been built for the DR class but have never been run that are built with TH400's. So I dont see how most people run glides.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Omnipotence

I know Titan and AAP both run glides, paisly ran a glide in his car when he went 8.17 on a stock motor, john h is running one in his monster tubed supra, isnt saad saad running a glide also?

plus the fact that a pg is also lighter then a th400 makes it a more liked choice for the high hp guys. I could go search on supraforums for more info but I would probably say that as many if not high hp guys use a pg, but high hp street guys is a different story IMO.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:15 PM
SLOW FROM ROLL

Which is why if you race an automatic and don't have a converter or plan on getting one down the road, you are totaly discredited in my book. That is the only reason that an automatic is used in drag racing other than consistancy.

If you are planning on adding nitrous, you can get an anti balooning plate that stops the converter from expanding (I believe) Well I have driven a manual car, and I must say that it is very fun, but nothing compaires to a high stall auto at WOT.....it feels like a constant time warp or something along those lines. You don't feel it shift gears at all.....you press the gas and it presses back with an unrelenting blow of power!

I will post some new times soon, but it should be good for at least low ass 12s if not high 11s......pretty impressive seeing that I only have exhaust and other bolt on goodies.......

BTW this is how we dynoed a truck at 365rwhp and it ran mid 10s all day.....converter baby! He had like a 5,500 stall or something close to that. :yup:

You have an auto?
Old 05-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Omnipotence

Originally Posted by CamaroSS

You have an auto?
Me? No I just have a 2001 z28 m6. But I have had my fair share of experience playing around with auto cars.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Whats in a Title

Why is it that these cars make so much power to the rear wheels and their MPH is not over 180? Ive seen plenty of domestics with less power running faster than that. It didnt sound like the car was spinning and if it was the MPH would have been alot higher.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:39 PM
SLOW FROM ROLL

Originally Posted by 1BAD347
Why is it that these cars make so much power to the rear wheels and their MPH is not over 180? Ive seen plenty of domestics with less power running faster than that. It didnt sound like the car was spinning and if it was the MPH would have been alot higher.
That is because we are talking about a Supra.....they need a lot of power to run good times at the track. Hell there is a 1000rwhp LS1 running 7.94 at 176.53 mph......

He is street legal too. :yup:
Old 05-23-2005, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroSS
That is because we are talking about a Supra.....they need a lot of power to run good times at the track. Hell there is a 1000rwhp LS1 running 7.94 at 176.53 mph......

He is street legal too. :yup:
great point, i thought it was too that the mph was a little low.
'02 black mustang GT 5spd: full bolt ons, MPH 2.5 heads, VT stage 2 cams, p51 w/rails, cobra pumps/60lb inj high flow lines, windage tray, Granatelli COP, Brisk plugs, Pro mass 80, Kooks long tubes, mezeire electric wtr pump, 4.10 Diablo tune 331rwhp/319rwtq
Old 05-23-2005, 08:46 PM
.arrow Jus Skott

reaction time or not the car is still fucking fast.... i like...

Quick Reply: 1100 HP SUpra at the track