The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

8.97 @ 166 6SP Supra

Old 08-17-2005, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOB
Or it could be because that car has a power curve like a voltage spike.

You meant to say your learning curve is just like a voltage spike. Yes I see. You have no clue as to what the power curve is like.

You guys and your comments. Regardless of the MPH or the power curve the car still ran an 8 sec 1/4 mile thru a >stock 6 speed<. And if you dont know about the getrag 6 speed it does not power shift. So he has to clutch everyshift. Not to mention the Clutch slipped in 2nd gear. Enjoy the video for what its worth and stop the hating
Old 08-17-2005, 08:01 AM
BOB
Too Old &amp; Too Poor

Sorry to get you all ruffled up, but it's the truth. That car should be a lot quicker with the mile per hour he's putting up.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 AM
2JZ-GE Powered

Originally Posted by onelove
The 6spd tranny in that car is about 2500-3000 used on the current markets.
the transmission is the stock tranny, just has been built

Class of '05
Parris Island University
USMC
-Ryan Broadway
Old 08-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Team Titan

Originally Posted by Lexus GS300
the transmission is the stock tranny, just has been built
Pauls 6spd is a stock unit (as are all of the Supra 6spds). As far as I know they do not currently produce a "built" Getrag for the Supra. The quoted dollar amount above is because Pauls wife's car was originally an automatic, I've seen the car in person on many occations. Now Vipers on the other hand, they have the luxury of having a G-Force built T-56 for their cars which allowed rock solid performance and changable gear ratios.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by BOB
Sorry to get you all ruffled up, but it's the truth. That car should be a lot quicker with the mile per hour he's putting up.

You didn't ruffle my feathers at all. Actually yours seemed more ruffle than mine with your original comment. But If you want to look at it from a mph standpoint yes an automatic car should have a lower ET. But when your dealing with manuals its a diffrent ball game at those power levels.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by SupraKid
Yea must mean the car is slow then, if you take time and read the thread and look at the video:
#1: Obviously spinning off the line
#2: slipping clutch on 2nd

Everyone knows this car has more potential and its just only going to get faster... you guys find anything and everything to bitch about here on TR which is why sometimes its not even worth posting up quality videos such as this one.

Hey you posted this thread like we were supposed to be impressed or something. The car is slow for the power it makes therefore we are not impressed. And 8's with a manual tranny? So? Again not impressed. Come back when the car is running 7.9's with the same power and I'll be impressed. You're not gonna impress any Ford guys thats for sure, 1250 hp = high 7's in our world. I understand that you feel it's impressive that that car is doing that with a stock 6 speed tranny but it really does nothing for the rest of us, we see the power it's making and just can't get over how slow it is.

Briane

Car Pics

11.29 @ 126 mph 16 psi
16 lbs of boost 509 rwhp/626 rwtq
12 lbs of boost 433 rwhp/571 rwtq
********STOCK MOTOR*******
Old 08-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Omnipotence

Originally Posted by SupraKid
I'd love to see an in-car video of them shifting those supras down to those times...
I could just post an in-car video of shep doing mid 8s in his talon. That way you get to see what it's like inside his car, and you get to go a little faster Sorry can't help it sometimes being an