The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

New 6spd w/ IRS world record...

Old 11-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok how about the next nhra event or ihra u ask them guys and i'll put money on it they will say what me and derek said or just send it into inside drag racing and u might get a free shirt
Old 11-23-2005, 02:34 PM

I think either your a tard or we are arguing two diffent points. Do you really know how heads up racing works? Just because the trap clock says xx.xx dosent meen you ran that. Reaction time is added to the et. It is possable, and actually happens quite often that you run a better time but lose. So yes shallow staging yeilds a better "clock" Et but dosen't make you faster. So basicly if your running your rice machine to show all your buddies that you can get in the 14's then yes by all meens shallow stage. But if your racing someone go for the good tree much better advantage then 7" headstart (lol). Hope this finally makes sence to ya, my head hurts.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:01 PM
under estimated

Originally Posted by CamaroSS
Porter.......you know too much!

We don't call him "Porter The Reporter" for nothing!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:24 PM

lol.. we are just having fun. I like to argue if you cant already tell.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Daddy-O

Reaction time is not added to your ET, they are completely independent of eachother (in heads up racing).
I believe I know how heads up racing works and i used to own a fairly quick car that I ran in the stock suspension class @ Sunshine.

Here's some light reading for you..
http://www.modernracer.com/tips/dragracingbasics.html

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Strokd85; 11-24-2005 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:01 AM

Thanks for the link but it has no bearing on what we are talking about. Where does it talk about reaction figured into race, exactly it doesent so wtf is the link for. Im sorry I dont understand your reasoning your way off base. In a heads up race its all about who finishes first on an identical tree. Witch means if you fall asleep on the the tree you can lose to an et much slower then yours. So how is reacation not figured in? Mabe this is the reason for you unsecessfull attempt at the stock suspension class at sunshine, you dont know how it works. Besides just cause you own, or worse owned a quick car has nothing to do with dragracing knowledge, so i dont see you point there.

here is some reading for you, PLEASE tell me what you think.
http://www.streetchallenge.info/FAQ.aspx
Old 11-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Daddy-O

Originally Posted by funford
Reaction time is added to the et.
This is not correct, you do not "add" your RT to your ET, they are independent of eachother.

It is possable, and actually happens quite often that you run a better time but lose.
This is most commonly referred to as a hole shot victory (or loss, depending on which side you're on),which I'm sure you're familiar with based on your expertise on the subject.

Your first response was mostly accurate, how you stage will affect your reaction time AND can affect your ET. Most at the level I raced wouldn't bother, but it is a topic routinely brought up within the NHRA. However, I really don't want to go into a long disertation on the subject and waste my time. Submit a question to NHRA and maybe they'll answer it for you and you'll get a free shirt in the process.

Now,
I just stated that I ran a car in Stock Suspension to give you background on where I was coming from, that's all. When I ran competitively and what I did in SS I wouldn't consider "unsuccessful", so I'm not sure where the personal BS came from, but it wasn't called for.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Banned

might gain a couple hundriths, not noticable. so nope.

Every piece of time counts. id rather say my car ran a 8.244 than a 8.312 Cause its still fucking faster.

And the Staging Reaction Time shit is funny. Ill Stage Give you the light and still whoop your ass. Unless your in a bracket race R/T means Shizzle to the guy next to you. hes looking at your ET and Trap If his shit is faster his shit is faster period. Even if hes whacking his pug and picking his teeth. He still beat you.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Strokd85
Now,
I just stated that I ran a car in Stock Suspension to give you background on where I was coming from, that's all. When I ran competitively and what I did in SS I wouldn't consider "unsuccessful", so I'm not sure where the personal BS came from, but it wasn't called for.
You want a tissue? I Dont think any of you know what your talking about. Most of you tampa boys just run your mouths and look up big words to post on TR to make yourself look better. And Why would anyone take advice from an unsuccesful Driver/Race ? That says to me You dont know what the fuck your doing.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:20 AM
Daddy-O

Originally Posted by 94EG_Hatch
You want a tissue? I Dont think any of you know what your talking about. Most of you tampa boys just run your mouths and look up big words to post on TR to make yourself look better. And Why would anyone take advice from an unsuccesful Driver/Race ? That says to me You dont know what the fuck your doing.
sure, give me the tissue.. this cold weather here in TN is driving my sinuses nuts..