The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

Java STI Vs. BPU Supra

Old 01-04-2006, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willjs7
yah, java wouldnt run me from a dig in the rx7... i think it would be a very good race. oh well
I've been tryin to get him to run me(on the motor) from a stop for a while but he says he cant because he is still on a stock clutch.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Tampa Stock

Originally Posted by BPU+ Justin
what kind of 60" does java pull? cause most ppl think he wont even race from a dig cause they think he cant drive.
who is most people? i think its only you and i dont care what you think. i got a 1.71 60' at the track before i upgraded the turbo. now that i am running 150+ hp over stock i dont want to chance frying the clutch to beat some supra.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Boost... My Antidrug

well i dont feel so bad now, with the stall i pulled a 1.8, i guess thats pretty good. as for ppl who think you cant drive? idk im not gonna name names, just ask around or post up and ask ppl, i mean come on watch the vid and look at how long it takes you to shift. i mean cmon isnt the sti tranny bomb proof? and as for a clutch, why dont you just do digs and replace the clutch sooner? i could run a dig for shits and giggles but i would prolly loose now. im pulling 2.6 60"s no tracktion problems, just lag from hell.
acually im suprised on how much lag there is out of stock turbos.
as for skill? awd also takes no skill. you just have to know how much to let the clutch out and how fast. besides that theres no traction issuse.
besides john thinks that roll racing is just a hp comparison. But wouldnt a dig race between a rwd and an awd just be a drivetrain comparison?

idk these are my opinions.

"opinions" they are like assholes, everyone has them and they all stink!

thats my $.02
Bullets are slow
Rockets are slow
Space Shuttles are slow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8DdRHEKg50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lVzkgx_rmE

Old 01-04-2006, 06:09 PM

as for skill? awd also takes no skill. you just have to know how much to let the clutch out and how fast.

im gonna be the first person to tell you this, you have no idea about skill, you have never driven an AWD car, or a standard transmission car. it does take skill, u cant just rev it up and dump the clutch (well you can, but u get what i mean)

~andrew
Old 01-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Boost... My Antidrug

yes but no. if you can drive at all you dont have to worrie at all about traction in those cars. so yes you have to drive but even if you mess up you not goin to sit there spinnin the tires. ya know what i mean.
Bullets are slow
Rockets are slow
Space Shuttles are slow

Old 01-04-2006, 08:20 PM

Hell of a friend, "Here, wanna practice launching in my car, buddy?" I would say it takes more skill to launch an AWD manual than to launch a RWD auto. I think the closest comparison you guys could get is if you went from a 5mph roll. You would be able to compare the entire powerband of both cars, and traction wouldn't be much of an issue.As always, I don't get the points of these rivalries.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Banned

personaly i like both cars they both sound good but im more in favor of the supra in each vid he pulled so im guessing he would win if it was go good race with no fuck ups.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm Slow

yes but no. if you can drive at all you dont have to worrie at all about traction in those cars. so yes you have to drive but even if you mess up you not goin to sit there spinnin the tires. ya know what i mean.
Ummmm, let's clear up some things.....1) an AWD car is definetely not easy to launch, it takes a lot of practice/trial and error just like any other car. 2) With the turbo that Java has on his car it would be easy to spin all 4 tires out of the hole, thus lose traction....granted it will hook quicker then a rwd or fwd if spinning though. 3) Spinning may not be as big of a problem with AWD as compared to RWD, However bogging is the easiest thing to do with an AWD car. Anyone who has driven AWD before will tell you, once you bog.....it's a wrap. The car will fall flat on it's face until you regain enough RPM to spool again. 4) last but not least, the tranny is good for 450-500 WHP however the clutch is only good for about 300 whp, and it would only take 1 bad launch toblue the shit out of the clutch. that is all!

550/550
Old 01-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Boost... My Antidrug

all im sayin is, if you screw up the launch in a regular 5/6 spd rwd car and spin the tires and cant drive you will be hangin out on the starting line roastin tires till the cows come home. and if you mess up in an awd, you just get goin then your fine, no traction issues to worry about after that. unlike a rwd with power. not sayin mine makes power or that its not an auto, but thats besides the point. im trying to say john said rolls are a test of hp, im tring to say a awd car vs. a rwd not set up for a dig at all is only a test of traction due to different types of drivetrains. thats all.
Bullets are slow
Rockets are slow
Space Shuttles are slow