The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

s13 vs c5

Old 03-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Bolt-On 2v GT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm...yah boost actually does help because the motor doesnt have to work as hard to pull air in because its forced in so in essence the motor doesnt work as hard, why do you think turbo volkswagens get such good gas mileage, and last time i check the turbo ones get better fuel economy then the n/a ones so just because its turbo doesnt mean that its gonna get worse gas mileage...hmmm
lol this is hilarious

btw air/fuel ratio means nothing if you have a turbo I guess....this thread is teaching me so many great new things

"Does this look like a piece of crap to you? Like them spinnin' tires do you?"
Old 03-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Bolt-On 2v GT

Originally Posted by fadedSTi
if this is true i am going to buy the biggest turbo and the smallest injectors to make sure my motor is as safe as possible. i should get about 40mpg
30:1 a/f ratio is a good benchmark to work from

Old 03-14-2006, 07:22 AM
dent resistant

yes you need more fuel when your in boost not when your putting around on the interstate because im pretty sure that when im doing 80mph on the interstate im in vaccuum not boost so why would i need more fuel if i dont have the air to compensate, so im not talking about fuel throttle 10psi rich as hell, im talking about 1/8th thottle cruisin for good gas mileage, that only makes sense since we are talking about gas mileage
Old 03-14-2006, 07:25 AM

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...ories&pcid=259-"Increased gas mileage. Unlike a belt driven supercharger, the turbo utilizes "wasted" energy leaving your tailpipe. Most of our customers get 2-4 mpg increase in gas mileage." and this is on one of those DANG V8'S!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Bolt-On 2v GT

Originally Posted by 2gntTalon
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...ories&pcid=259-"Increased gas mileage. Unlike a belt driven supercharger, the turbo utilizes "wasted" energy leaving your tailpipe. Most of our customers get 2-4 mpg increase in gas mileage." and this is on one of those DANG V8'S!
summitracing also says k&n drop in filters add 10-15rwhp

Last edited by myltwon; 03-14-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:31 AM
dent resistant

haha turbo is best, and yes the k&n cold air kit does add 20hp if you watched horsepower t.v. you might know these thigns, so screw you guys im going home