The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

twin screw cobalt

Old 08-03-2007, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneakin Deacon
i understand where you are thinking youre coming from, but youre incorrect. there are a vast number of contributing factors. basically it comes down to building a car around a certain setup...in this case, even though the cobalt is lacking in static compression, it could exceed in dynamic compression, and run more timing aswell. netting the same hp, at the same pressure, with the same blower yet less static compression.
Very true. But at the same time I would venture a guess that the DCR on the Honda would be greater, as I would expect a VTEC cam to close the valves closer to BDC than its ecotec counterpart. But regardless, you are correct.

EDIT: Nvm. The more agressive VTEC cam would have the valves closing further from BDC, not closer. Whoops.

Last edited by schoellnasty; 08-03-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:00 AM
What accent?!%?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blownbalt
turbo is safer because we have a lot of heat issue with our supercharger, our 2.0 also doesnt have variable valve timing like the 2.4 ecotec, all us cobalt guys know were lacking in the power department, however our engines can take massive amounts of boost safely, so with turbos were good to go
I was being sarcastic, lol. I have the same blower more or less, just bigger.

Everyone Needs Cheerleaders