The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

Vette vs Impreza

Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Turn 7 at Sebring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vette vs Impreza

Super aggro driving.
YouTube - Lachute Performance - Accrochage ICAR Juin 09 -

Same race but longer section of video
YouTube - Lachute Performance - Caméra embarquée (ICAR juin 2009) -
Old 10-19-2009, 04:54 PM
The most interesting man

That was a very good race! I like how 2 totally different cars with different setups made for a pretty heated race despite the track conditions.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:41 AM
oh WTF

looks like mr fancy pants vette didn't like getting passed by a 4 cyl
Orderd Sept. 29th, Built Nov. 8th, Delivered Nov 18th!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Blah Blah Blah

was that wrestling or racing. . .?
Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Connoisseur of mintyness.

Great vid's, esp the second one. I couldn't exactly tell but it looked like the impreza may have crossed the finish line first.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:16 PM
has cheezburger

Originally Posted by WTFchuck
looks like mr fancy pants vette didn't like getting passed by a 4 cyl

Seemed to me he wasnt happy about being blocked in by a slower car. He was entering the corners much faster than the WRX, and if he didnt have to brake so hard to avoid hitting it he would have sailed by it in the straights. Its the reason rules exist in professional racing (like LeMans) that slower classes must mve aside to allow faster classes of vehicles past. Trapping a much faster car behind a slower one can cause an accident...just like in the video.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 AM
NY Till I Die....

^what were you watching? he was never trapped behind the impreza in the straights. if anything the impreza was just as fast as him/ his match....especially in the corners though. it was a bitch move in my book to spin the impreza out.

i was far more impressed with the impreza. i wish we could get his lap times. he was running very fast.

lol@ all the hondas getting owned though.

Originally Posted by Lime_Green_Hatch

$350,000 in 2 years... and all they had to show for it was some shitty hondas, lol.

R.I.P. Steven Daniel Berry a.k.a. Bush
Old 10-21-2009, 10:11 AM
has cheezburger

Originally Posted by Nycist
^what were you watching? he was never trapped behind the impreza in the straights. if anything the impreza was just as fast as him/ his match....especially in the corners though. it was a bitch move in my book to spin the impreza out.

i was far more impressed with the impreza. i wish we could get his lap times. he was running very fast.

lol@ all the hondas getting owned though.
I mentioned that...he was behind in the straights. If you look at how hard he had to brake in the turns to avoid hitting the WRX its no wonder. I didnt watch the long video, but in the end of the short it shows a side view where the vette is ahead by 1/2 car just before the crash, and its the Wrx that hits him in the side and gets spun. Basically he cuts off the WRX mid turn, just like had been done to him over the last several turns, only the WRX (or driver) didnt have the ability to avoid the crash.

Good performance in the WRX no doubt, but I still say in solo runs the vette would be faster. That combined with all the other cars getting smokem by those two make me think that group should be in different classes, and possibly not on the track at the same time.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by Prowlin_Pasco
I mentioned that...he was behind in the straights. If you look at how hard he had to brake in the turns to avoid hitting the WRX its no wonder. I didnt watch the long video, but in the end of the short it shows a side view where the vette is ahead by 1/2 car just before the crash, and its the Wrx that hits him in the side and gets spun. Basically he cuts off the WRX mid turn, just like had been done to him over the last several turns, only the WRX (or driver) didnt have the ability to avoid the crash.

Good performance in the WRX no doubt, but I still say in solo runs the vette would be faster. That combined with all the other cars getting smokem by those two make me think that group should be in different classes, and possibly not on the track at the same time.
If you watch the long video, it clearly shows that the WRX was about 5-6 secs a lap faster. WRX comes storming from about 3secs back to pass the vette when it gets really loose. Then they hit twice with the vette making a faster getaway. Then the WRX comes from another 4secs back to pass him across the finish. It's probably more evenly matched on a dry track, but a wet track is an AWD playground.