The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

Whipple Mustang vs R35 GTR

Old 09-16-2010, 05:41 AM
2 slow 2 race

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitemark46
With slicks you never feather it. You hit the tires hard. The shock gets absorbed into the sidewalls (hence the term "wrinkle walls"). Poopras hardly race from a dig because majority of them are 6speeds and you can't build boost with a manual at a dead stop. So they fall on their face until they get moving.

The mustang dude in the video cut a 2.0 60' on slicks. Clearly his fault. He bogged bad. He should have came out much higher like at 6k and dumped it. In proper hands, that mustang (if it truly made 700rwhp) is a solid 10.70 car. Not sticking up for the ford but the GTR driver's skill is leaps and bounds ahead of the other guy.

-Mark
you mean 9.7?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Got traction?

Originally Posted by slow2v
you mean 9.7?
No, I meant 10.7. Look at phils car. I'm sure the dildo's mustang in the vid weighs a hec of alot more than phils. And I have a feeling that that mustang in vid made 700 at the crank. So 650ish or so at the tire. At around 3500ish w/ 650rwhp should run mid 10's. So ya maybe I could of went a few tenths faster. But its no 9 sec car.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Boostaholic

you can't build boost with a manual at a dead stop. So they fall on their face until they get moving
How so?

I have my car set to make 20psi from the line. Most Supras come out on drag radials and DO NOT launch hard unless they are on slicks to prevent damage to the drive train.

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 09-16-2010, 08:59 AM

^So what are your times?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Boostaholic

Originally Posted by miasma
^So what are your times?
I have yet to go back to the track on slicks due to my tuner's current situation (induction performance forum..)

YouTube - Omg supra boosttttt

TURBO SERVICING & SALES | FUEL INJECTOR SERVICING
GARRETT - BORGWARNER - BULLSEYE - HOLSET - 3K
TiAL - TURBONETICS - FULLRACE - PRECISION
Shop Forum | FaceBook | Website | Online Store
Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Got traction?

So if your car is in neutral and you bring the rpms up to say 4k, your car build boost?

Originally Posted by Kirk
How so?

I have my car set to make 20psi from the line. Most Supras come out on drag radials and DO NOT launch hard unless they are on slicks to prevent damage to the drive train.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:22 AM
has whippled VTEC

Thats the wonders of a standalone...antilag ftw!
Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Got traction?

a 2 step type mechanism is different and not the norm though. If he has that then it is possible to build boost w/ a manual tranny.. but not free reving it. All the turbo mustangs that I've seen that were manual couldn't come out hard because of the lack of boost. Need load to create boost.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Blah Blah Blah

a 2 step type mechanism is different and not the norm though. If he has that then it is possible to build boost w/ a manual tranny.. but not free reving it. All the turbo mustangs that I've seen that were manual couldn't come out hard because of the lack of boost. Need load to create boost.
i was honestly surprised by some of the things you posted.

i am actually disturbed that this made it 2 pages of why one car beat another. one car ran 11 and one car ran high 12s. if you want to talk about weight reduction.. how does that explain the GTR going 11 and it weighs right around 4k with 500hp or less? "free revving" . . ? i know what you mean, but show me a turbo mustang that is built for the straight line race and has NO 2 step. you did not even think cars could build boost at the line..

btw i cut 1.60 60 foot off my foot and no 2 step with a turbo car 2 liter 4 cyl
Old 09-16-2010, 03:11 PM

Thumbs up

what is your theory on a manual car can not build boost on the line

i do not get why you choose to post so much about stuff you dont know anything about have you ever even been in a turbo car? anywho guess youll find out how much boost i dont build outta the hole when i get my car done cause you wanted to race my civic so bad oh yea it will be fwd obviously and i will be spinning

RACE RELATED 727-561-9440