War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

2007 srt-8 charger vs EF civic HB

Old 12-20-2006, 01:16 PM
USMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sneakin Deacon
i had such mildly high hopes, and then i continued reading

yea, it is the easy way to go fast. its nice to build a 10 second car for what you would spend to make a turbo kit that will put you well into the almighty 300hp range. i spent more to make a damn CRX go 12's then i spent on any of my V8 cars to go 11's. so, yea...ill take the cheap, small genital route...atleast im playing the game with a big stick.
i had high hopes as well.

anyway, kenny, you know you are wrong. you can put a CRX into the 12's for under a grand. you seen bigbadbuicks friend do it. shell= $300, d16 = $300, nitrous = $300. i know you know neal sutton, i know you've seen the k-series rex hit 11's n/a. i also know you've seen a supercharged LT1 get shitty times consistantly. its cheaper and easier to get low #'s than it was back when NSX/CRX/hybrid had his fully body kitted CRX. both v8's and 4cyl can go fast for cheap, so thats not really an argument anymore. i'd think you'd know that better than anyone in this thread. you know more about both types of cars(v8, 4cyl) that most people in this thread, you should realize the benifits that both cars bring to the table, and not rag on one type of car. besides havent you owned more imports than domestics?
TR happily married crew-member #2

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:29 PM
USMC

Originally Posted by Road Rage
you like getting beat by sissies? and a its not a challange just more money.......
its usually not about those things anymore. you can make both types of cars fast for very cheap. i think the whole thing is that people get a bigger sense of self accomplishment from building a small engine to compete with with bigger engines. but i understand the whole domestic side of the argument as well. with the import craze, with american automakers failing to make their mark, with everything working against american muscle, they feel the need to defend what they love. it used to be ford vs. chevy, then import vs domestic, then v8 vs 4cyl. next its going to be gas vs electric. we'll be on the same side eventually.

This is the internet. You're just supposed to talk up whatever you do know as if you're a salesman for it. i.e. I drive a Supra and a Corolla therefore 2JZ is the greatest and so is the 4A and I don't care about anything else because it's all crap since I don't have it. I also have a stack of $20 bills in front of me, therefore 20>50 and 20>100 and 20>1000. $20 bill FTW.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Thread TERRORIST

I'm sure the CRX worth 300 with a motor for 300 and a 300 dollar nitrous kit was a GREAT car, too.

Okay, you can make a bucket of shit run 11s for a couple of passes before it goes boom for under $1,000. To do it PROPERLY and so it doesn't look like a redneck hack job it costs a bit more. I don't think Deacon is wrong.

BTW< by the time electric cars hit the performance maket they'll bear a striking resemblance to the nuclear powerplant on wheels that set the landspeed record. They'll completly and utterly decimate and ICE vehicles we can put out.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by BAMF; 12-20-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:34 PM
back in a 4g63

i think that there will always be an immortal battle between which type of car is better, and everyone is going to get all pissy trying to prove their side of the argument. its always going to be domestic vs import, 4 cyl vs 8, 2 door vs 4 door, right hand drive vs left hand, etc. its actually kinda pointless to argue about it, as both sides have equal pros and cons. i say just stick with what you like most, and get over it.

oh and btw, imports rock

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 12-20-2006, 01:35 PM
USMC

and whats with all the sarcasm on TR lately? a 12 second honda beat a 13 seond charger srt8, and bunch of people who are probably slower than the honda are calling the story false, trying to start shit. we got the sarcastic nissan fanboy ragging on hondas every chance he can get, yet i've never seen him post a war story to back up his mouth. all of us who actually run our cars should respect each other and stop with this childish bullshit.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Thread TERRORIST

^^ Only ones that have v8s swapped into them.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by sLaturn
i beat my meat alot...does that count as a kill?

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Old 12-20-2006, 01:38 PM
back in a 4g63

Originally Posted by accord95
we got the sarcastic nissan fanboy ragging on hondas every chance he can get, yet i've never seen him post a war story to back up his mouth.
at least he didnt post up a story about sucking off a security guard to get out of a speeding ticket coughurfuctcough

"All I can tell you is... the gun had an owner, something happened, and suddenly the gun didnt have an owner anymore."
Old 12-20-2006, 01:41 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by accord95
and whats with all the sarcasm on TR lately? a 12 second honda beat a 13 seond charger srt8, and bunch of people who are probably slower than the honda are calling the story false, trying to start shit. we got the sarcastic nissan fanboy ragging on hondas every chance he can get, yet i've never seen him post a war story to back up his mouth. all of us who actually run our cars should respect each other and stop with this childish bullshit.

ppl were only fucking w/ him b/c he didnt post anything about it he jus said i won he lost the end lol
Old 12-20-2006, 01:45 PM
USMC

Originally Posted by vip18971
I'm sure the CRX worth 300 with a motor for 300 and a 300 dollar nitrous kit was a GREAT car, too.

Okay, you can make a bucket of shit run 11s for a couple of passes before it goes boom for under $1,000. To do it PROPERLY and so it doesn't look like a redneck hack job it costs a bit more. I don't think Deacon is wrong.
kenny basically said that you can build a v8 for cheaper. what im trying to say is that both types of cars can go pretty much equally fast, for the same amount of money, and have the same amount of reliability. i can pick up an old POS fox shell for cheap, throw a cheap motor and cheap No2 kit on it, and it will probably cost the same and last just as long.