War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

Cobalt SS/SC vs Cadillac SRX

Old 06-01-2007, 05:16 PM
is retired...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DuyBoy
The Cobalts are Rated 205 Crank Factory...

Throw a bone stock one on the Dyno it will put down about 195-210 Wheel...

Chevy underrated..woot!

Wow. Ya learn something new everyday. Chevy does have a habbit of underrating their vehicles.

Don't take life so serious. It's not like were getting out of it alive anyway.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Where racing is a pleasur

Originally Posted by LiL Sang
if u dont believe me, my friend has a timeslip to prove it!!!
My car ran 12.0@114mph with a stock IC, and it STILL looks BONE STOCK under the hood. So I can show you a stock SRT4 and a timeslip of 12.0@114.

As for posting magizine times, that means about as much as fake money to me. All I have to say is.... What track doesn't give a 60ft time ? The same track that EVERY MAGIZINE TEST HAS EVER BEEN DONE AT.

Like I said.... " same track as the 11.7 Z06 and 13.0 EVO is the 14.5sec cobalt SS/redline ".

Honestly, I've seen quiet a few modded ones running low 15s. I gave the first few a "gimme" thinking it was prob. driver, but after seeing a lot of 15sec modded ones, its got me thinking that I wouldn't buy one... What's the point of buying a car that's slow and takes 93oct ? Ok... Its not slow, but its not SRT4 fast either.

Side note... My friend in Kansas saw a cobalt SS run a mid 11sec time the other night

I also saw one with slicks run a 9.0 in the 1/8 mile a few weeks ago...

I'd be sparying the shit out of it, if I had one...
02' wranlger apex edition with EFI 5.0L 302 SBF. 5.5'' lift, custom 4-link 8.8 in the rear, high pinion D30 front with locker.
A wise man once said, " I didn't wash my hands b/c my D**K is cleaner then ANYTHING, in that bathroom"
Old 06-01-2007, 10:23 PM
TR Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by Sourskittle
My car ran 12.0@114mph with a stock IC, and it STILL looks BONE STOCK under the hood. So I can show you a stock SRT4 and a timeslip of 12.0@114.

As for posting magizine times, that means about as much as fake money to me. All I have to say is.... What track doesn't give a 60ft time ? The same track that EVERY MAGIZINE TEST HAS EVER BEEN DONE AT.

Like I said.... " same track as the 11.7 Z06 and 13.0 EVO is the 14.5sec cobalt SS/redline ".

Honestly, I've seen quiet a few modded ones running low 15s. I gave the first few a "gimme" thinking it was prob. driver, but after seeing a lot of 15sec modded ones, its got me thinking that I wouldn't buy one... What's the point of buying a car that's slow and takes 93oct ? Ok... Its not slow, but its not SRT4 fast either.

Side note... My friend in Kansas saw a cobalt SS run a mid 11sec time the other night

from the mouths of babes
Old 06-01-2007, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by LiL Sang
maybe they're not good enough, depending on weather/humidity/elevation/tires and etc. which that can be determined....

well if u say cobalts/redlines are slow, why dont u go run one???
ohh i have ran alot of them. hell most of my friends own them. there are a couple that have posted better track times than i have but most of them have about the same mods as the guy with the colbalt in this thread and they are mid 14 sec cars. the other guys have more mods that can post better times than i. however they actually make stuff to help with traction for the redline and colbalt and they make nothing for the s series for traction. i am not pulling out the ricer excuse book mearly stating some facts.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:12 PM

they actually don't spray very well. have had a few friends fry the pistons with small shots of n2o already.. what that car needs is either to change to a larger supercharger or switch to turbo..
Old 06-01-2007, 11:29 PM
has whippled VTEC

Duy lets get a friendly line up!That should help figure out this quarter mile time stuff
Old 06-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Where racing is a pleasur

Originally Posted by sl2racer
they actually don't spray very well. have had a few friends fry the pistons with small shots of n2o already.. what that car needs is either to change to a larger supercharger or switch to turbo..
So... What your saying is to have a quick cobalt SS/redline, all you need is a completely rebuilt/built motor, and competely different type of forced induction, clutch, axles, and.... Maybe some nitrous.... Sounds good to me, sign me up !!!!
02' wranlger apex edition with EFI 5.0L 302 SBF. 5.5'' lift, custom 4-link 8.8 in the rear, high pinion D30 front with locker.
A wise man once said, " I didn't wash my hands b/c my D**K is cleaner then ANYTHING, in that bathroom"
Old 06-02-2007, 02:09 AM

So... What your saying is to have a quick cobalt SS/redline, all you need is a completely rebuilt/built motor, and competely different type of forced induction, clutch, axles, and.... Maybe some nitrous.... Sounds good to me, sign me up !!!!
hahaha when you put it that way. nothing is easy when you are dealing with most american 4 bangers..

however i really haven't heard anyone have an issue with the axles yet on the cobalt/redline probablly because the clutch gives before the axles. now the saturn s series like to kill the axles/trannys/engines/clutchs/subframe and so on and so forth. now that takes some determination to make them quick. with very little aftermarket support.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:06 AM

For a quick cobalt you need 60lb'ers, 2.6" pulley, Full exhaust incl header, Intake, cobra heat exchanger, and a Custom tune. If you really want to be fast add meth injection that way you can pour on the timeing 20* + or - with no knock.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Shadytrixta1
Duy lets get a friendly line up!That should help figure out this quarter mile time stuff
Id go so you could compare vs a Cobalt with an intake and shitty driver.

I need to do an oil change first though... At like 8% on my meter..