War Stories Fictional Stories about your "Track" conquests ;-)

Having fun with a bike...

Old 10-08-2000, 06:04 AM
No Ants Drift Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys have to remember youre dealing with bikes.. yeah they run about low 11s sometime 10.9/8s stock... the 1998 ZX-9 my buddy had dipped into a 9.7@144 on a stock motor... bikes are different. they are a hellova lot faster than cars... and a hellova lot cheaper... he was probably just making sure he wasnt dying that night

------------------
2000 Mazda Miata (non-rainbow edition)
Associated TC3 AWD Accord/Eclipse
My Company

If the world all knew the power of common sense people would see the diminishing power of this politicly ECO-tistical society gnawing away at our personal morals and standards by which to live by. --me

[This message has been edited by VortecFL (edited 10-08-2000).]
Old 10-08-2000, 07:22 AM
Nipplelicker

Better watch out... Acme might bust out that moped from Key West on you.. then again hed prolly be under police surveillance..
Old 10-09-2000, 02:55 PM
No Ants Drift Member

correct me if im wrong but ive been told by many a dsm owner that the awd in the gsx is a hinderment over 35mph... plus achiveing 150mph is damn next to impossible... esp since the zx-7 doesnt hit it.. at least not withut serious help.. not to be critical at least...

------------------
2000 Mazda Miata (non-rainbow edition)
Associated TC3 AWD Accord/Eclipse
My Company

If the world all knew the power of common sense people would see the diminishing power of this politicly ECO-tistical society gnawing away at our personal morals and standards by which to live by. --me
Old 10-10-2000, 07:35 AM
Olde Skool DSM'r

Originally posted by "Someone"

Originally posted by VortecFL:
correct me if im wrong but ive been told by many a dsm owner that the awd in the gsx is a hinderment over 35mph... plus achiveing 150mph is damn next to impossible... esp since the zx-7 doesnt hit it.. at least not withut serious help.. not to be critical at least...

My AWD has hindered me to a 13 flat with bolt-ons and a stock turbo. I think its acceleration from a stop and being able to power through corners more than make up for the extra drivetrain loss.
As far as the 150 mph thing goes... I cant speak from experience but I know of someone with a DSM that claims a 172 mph top speed. Mitsu advertises 145 mph @ 7000 rpm as a top speed. My rev limiter doesnt kick in untill just over 7500 rpm. thats good for 150. Keep in mind you can raise your rev limiter too. Its all about being able to make the HP to spin the driveline and cut the air when you are @ that kind of speed.